You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete photos and attachments from my iPad are they also deleted from my iPhone?

If I delete photos and attachments from my iPad are they also deleted from my iPhone?

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 4:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 5:34 AM

You will need to check the individual device settings for Photos in iCloud:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos

If you Photos are synchronised with iCloud for both iPhone and iPad, then yes - deleting photos from one device will also delete from other devices. If, however, your devices are not configured to use Photos in iCloud, then the photos are only stored locally on the individual device.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2021 5:34 AM in response to Fregan671

You will need to check the individual device settings for Photos in iCloud:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos

If you Photos are synchronised with iCloud for both iPhone and iPad, then yes - deleting photos from one device will also delete from other devices. If, however, your devices are not configured to use Photos in iCloud, then the photos are only stored locally on the individual device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.