You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to go to the store to get my phone unlocked

Do I have to go into a store to get my phone unlocked?

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:56 AM

Assuming, by the support document you posted from that you want to unlock it from a carrier, no, you should not need to go a carrier store to unlock it from them.

Just follow the steps in the support document you posted from as well as the carrier's own unlock procedures from their own website to unlock it.

Apple does not unlock iPhones that are locked to a carrier, only the carrier can do this.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2021 7:56 AM in response to jcindy5723

Assuming, by the support document you posted from that you want to unlock it from a carrier, no, you should not need to go a carrier store to unlock it from them.

Just follow the steps in the support document you posted from as well as the carrier's own unlock procedures from their own website to unlock it.

Apple does not unlock iPhones that are locked to a carrier, only the carrier can do this.

Sep 13, 2021 7:49 AM in response to jcindy5723

Hi!

First of all, by saying "unlock" do you mean to have it erased because you can't go past your lock screen because it's disabled, or do you mean to have it unlocked by your carrier to be able to use it with a different provider?

If you mean the latter, you can contact your carrier (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc...) to request device unlock so that you can use it with a different carrier. Just be advised that the process may take 24 hours to fully unlock your iPhone from its carrier.

Or if you mean to have it unlocked because it's disabled, you can remotely erase your iPhone by connecting it to iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC, just don't forget your Apple ID so that you can reactivate your iPhone again after resetting.

Hope this helps!

Do I have to go to the store to get my phone unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.