You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device management

How to “trust an application” that is not IOS based so that I can open it. I do not , for some reason, on my iPhone XS Max, have a “device management” selection under settings>general> etc. Please advise. Thank you.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:28 AM

If it is an enterprise app from a business the company IT department will provide you with a trust certificate to install on your phone. Once you install the certificate it will appear in a new Device Management section under Settings/General. If it is a 3rd party app forget it; you are risking installing spyware on your phone it you install it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2021 7:28 AM in response to lujinyuloo

If it is an enterprise app from a business the company IT department will provide you with a trust certificate to install on your phone. Once you install the certificate it will appear in a new Device Management section under Settings/General. If it is a 3rd party app forget it; you are risking installing spyware on your phone it you install it.

Device management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.