You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find this to download?Security Update 2021-005 Catalina Released September 13, 2021

Where do I find this to download?Security Update 2021-005 Catalina Released September 13, 2021. Not showing up as a security update but have read it was released yesterday.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 4:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 12:30 PM

Tuffy T wrote:

Where do I find this to download?Security Update 2021-005 Catalina Released September 13, 2021. Not showing up as a security update but have read it was released yesterday.

>System Preferences>Software Update

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies

Sep 14, 2021 1:47 PM in response to leroydouglas

Also hasn't shown up in System Preferences for me, but I also found the link provided by zeddoo which provided a DMG file that downloaded to my system. I have not found a link to the Safari security update mentioned on the Security Update info screen, I'm hoping it's included in the DMG file I downloaded, I have not installed it yet.

Sep 16, 2021 4:18 PM in response to mikegit

I downloaded the security dmg file and installed it. Then I checked the update section (after a restart) and the Safari update showed. I did that update and then the Catalina security update showed. Apparently the downloaded file did not install properly. I had to do the update from the system update section. That install took much longer but it took this time. I probably should have just restarted my MacBook Air and the updates would have showed up.

Where do I find this to download?Security Update 2021-005 Catalina Released September 13, 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.