You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF files corrupt iCloud Drive

I have some PDF files stored in iCloud Drive since last year which seem corrupt.

I wanted to open them today but when I double-clicked nothing happened. There is not even a little cloud symbolising that they need to be downloaded from iCloud. When I try compressing them it says that "The file couldn't be opened because there is no such file."

It definitely can't be due to a lack of iCloud storage because I've got more than 1 TB still left. This happened to all PDF files in that folder that are larger than 1 MB, I've got some with >900 KB I can open and one with 1,2 MB that I can't open. What can it be due to? I don't remember having had any problems in this last year for any other files.

MacBook, macOS 11.3

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 7:20 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Sep 14, 2021 9:19 AM in response to alphonse225

When you toggle off desktop and documents all of your files remain in iCloud but are moved from the desktop and documents folder. When you turn it back on, it will sync anything on your (now clean) desktop and documents. So, you can still see what you had on your computer but only in those folders. Navigate to the desktop folder in iCloud (left sidebar under iCloud) and you can drag everything back to your desktop.

PDF files corrupt iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.