You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to unlock iPhone with passcode

I don’t understand why I have to reset the password code on my phone if I’ve entered my Apple ID password.

I saw on the news that you’re supposed to reset your phone because of some kind of problem. I try to reset things using my Apple ID and current code to unlock my phone am meeting with resistance? What am I supposed to do

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 2:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 2:38 PM

I don't know where you saw that but resetting your iPhone won't protect you from the vulnerability that was recently found. And I have no idea what resistance you are referring to. Here is what you need to do to protect your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Sep 14, 2021 2:42 PM in response to deggie

My iPhone is asking me to update my Apple ID settings. It asked me for the password for my email address that’s connected to the Apple ID, which I gave. Then asked me for the code that unlocks my phone, which I did. Now it’s asking me for my old password which I don’t remember because it’s been a while. What am I supposed to do with that?

Unable to unlock iPhone with passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.