You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I leave a group chat if 4 of the people have iPhones???

I am in a groupchat with 5 people. 4 of them have iPhones including myself. Why can I not leave this group chat? I've muted it and deleted it, but this is not enough. It is my family so I can't block them.

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 10:59 AM

You can only leave a conversation if everyone is using iMessage. If there are any android phones in the conversation, you cannot leave it.

Leave a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To leave a group text, everyone needs to be using iMessage. Not sure if you're using iMessage or SMS/MMS? Learn the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2021 10:59 AM in response to Savannah135y

You can only leave a conversation if everyone is using iMessage. If there are any android phones in the conversation, you cannot leave it.

Leave a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To leave a group text, everyone needs to be using iMessage. Not sure if you're using iMessage or SMS/MMS? Learn the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS.

Why can't I leave a group chat if 4 of the people have iPhones???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.