You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete an unused folder in notes?

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 11:42 AM

6 replies

Sep 17, 2021 3:33 PM in response to Harmanizr

Sorry, I don't know why you cannot delete it.

I have tested deleting both notes and folders on my iPhone with iOS 14.8 and can delete either a note or a folder by swiping left and then taping the trash can icon. I have also tested this with empty folders. The only folders that don't have a trash can icon when I swipe left are the built in "All Cloud" and "Notes" folders.

Also see: Search and organize your notes in folders on iPhone - Apple Support

If someone else here doesn't reply with something else to try, you may want to use the "Get Support" button at the top right of this page.

Sep 17, 2021 3:12 PM in response to FoxFifth

Iphone 7, Software version 14.8. An example of a note is Fitbit, which i no longer need as I use an Iwatch now. I also have a Recently Deleted folder which has a trashcan symbol, but can not drop anything into it or move the Recently Deleted folder over the Fitbit folder and it just flows back to it's old spot (either way, same result)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.