You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my phone at a party how do I mark it as lost?

How do I mark my phone as lost if I have no idea where it is?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 11:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 11:22 PM

Don'ts

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

Do's

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2021 11:22 PM in response to Hannah_Gould21

Don'ts

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

Do's

Sep 17, 2021 11:22 PM in response to Hannah_Gould21

Did you enable Find My?

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device nor you can use the IMEI number for tracking the device.

The best action would be to Change your Apple ID password and change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter, etc...

I lost my phone at a party how do I mark it as lost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.