You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i restore purchases after updating ipad?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 3:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 3:26 AM

Purchases for what - Apps, Apple Services, media, something else? Updating an iPad rarely requires any purchases to be restored - unless you have completely wiped/reset the device.

For Apps, media and services purchased from Apple, you simply need to be signed-in to iCloud and App Store using the same AppleID from which the purchase was made - as all purchases are forever tied the associated AppleID account.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2021 3:26 AM in response to maikaiileo

Purchases for what - Apps, Apple Services, media, something else? Updating an iPad rarely requires any purchases to be restored - unless you have completely wiped/reset the device.

For Apps, media and services purchased from Apple, you simply need to be signed-in to iCloud and App Store using the same AppleID from which the purchase was made - as all purchases are forever tied the associated AppleID account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.