You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID not available

I just updated my phone to the iOS 15 hoping the Face ID which went off after the 14.7 update would come but but nothing happened. It’s still giving me the same responds as before and I don’t know what apple is doing to us. It’s really frustrating using your phone knowing you never dropped it and nothing has happened and all of the sudden it starts to disfunction after and update.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 5:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 5:09 PM

Hi there, use this support article for further guidance - If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

4 replies

Sep 29, 2021 5:39 AM in response to aizza145

I had the same issue, it was an easy fix but this solution may not help you. After the update my phone kept saying face id not available but ever so often it would just work. I looked at my screen protector which was pretty new and pulled it off. There was a little residue where one of the face cameras are. After removing it the problem stopped. The face id has continued to work without issue. I believe the last update might have made the camera more sensitive for security reason. Hope this helps.

Face ID not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.