You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes won't install, despite deinstalling according to Apple's guide.

I tried to update iTunes as prompted by iTunes itself, but this failed with the message

"iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes."

I tried to re-install using the Apple instructions, but after rebooting my Windows 10 PC the same error is displayed.

Is there an Apple tool that will give a more detailed analysis of the bug?

E.g. which file is missing.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 4:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:27 AM

i don’t think the link posted in my reply. Let’s try it again.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201668

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 21, 2021 6:16 AM in response to alanrick

I could install and start it using my Windows Admin profile.

BUT using my normal user but starting iTunes with admin rights I got the message

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\xx....xx\iTunes.exe'

As a normal user I cannot access this folder either.

Seems to be that iTunes fails to handle authorizations properly while installing or de-installing.

But changing my user to admin (temporarily) didn't help either. Starting iTunes still fails with the message that required files are missing.

Sep 22, 2021 2:08 PM in response to 1AppL3User2AnotHER

Thanks. I’m fact that’s what I’d tried. And also the enclosed Microsoft instructions for iTunes removal. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-10-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-dd59-949a9030f317

I‘m trying again following the whole procedure after promoting my user to admin and then I'll demote after the install.

Currently I'm waiting for iTunes to re-appear in the Microsoft App store - which makes me suspicious that there is indeed a bug connected with the update.

itunes won't install, despite deinstalling according to Apple's guide.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.