You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to 15 - no banking sites work AGAIN

AGAIN after updating to 15 I cannot access on Safari my banking sites....anything to fix this again?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 10:05 AM

3 replies

Sep 21, 2021 11:20 AM in response to bocajetijt

I don't understand your comment about fixing it "again". What does that mean? Please allow me to offer some comments about this issue. I think I can explain what is happening. If you are unable to access certain web sites and possibly getting a message that your browser must be updated after an OS upgrade, this is not an unusual situation. This is because Safari, which is part of the Mac's operating system has also been changed. Wen web site engineers write their software it is based on standardized specifications if they are to be compliant. Some sites are not yet compliant. Also, some older (or in this case, newer browsers) browsers may not be fully compliant. Until that changes, you can use another browser that does work such as Firefox or Chrome. They can be individually updated as needed. This is why many of us have more than one browser installed. So, in summary, normally, updating Safari will often solve the problem, but not always. Then the solution will be to use a browser that works.

Sep 21, 2021 12:00 PM in response to Ronasara

I totally get all that. Thank you for explaining anyway. On the last large Safari update, there were well over 400 comments on this exact same problem, hence the AGAIN comment by me. The Safari browser is not saying that it needs to be upgraded, it just was. It is saying there is a problem loading the page. The page blinks multiple times, then gray screen. It is only banking sites. I indeed have multiple browsers installed and will AGAIN go back to Chrome or Firefox to access these sites. I do believe I would be best not to upgrade until the upgrade is at least 60 days old so the banking sites have time to upgrade their site. When you are used to working quickly on one browser and then have to conform for a few months, then switch back, it's annoying. This never happens with Chrome or Firefox, only Safari. It's no wonder why so many prefer those browsers.

Updated to 15 - no banking sites work AGAIN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.