You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari IPad OS15 safari/magic keyboard issue

Just updated to IPadOS 15 on my IPad Pro 12.9 M1.

Now in safari if I try to type a query in the address bar, if I type a space with the magic keyboard it does not create a space instead it opens up the side where I can see the tabs, private, bookmarks etc.

Does this on 2 different IPad Pro’s.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 1:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 12:29 PM

Hi Imac 27 I5,

Thanks for quick response. Following the steps in the previous article we provided, you can customize your keyboard shortcut commands so that the Space bar doesn't activate selected items.

In addition, if you'd like to leave any feedback regarding this, we'd recommend letting Apple know directly via Product Feedback.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2021 12:29 PM in response to Imac 27 I5

Hi Imac 27 I5,

Thanks for quick response. Following the steps in the previous article we provided, you can customize your keyboard shortcut commands so that the Space bar doesn't activate selected items.

In addition, if you'd like to leave any feedback regarding this, we'd recommend letting Apple know directly via Product Feedback.

Take care.

Sep 22, 2021 11:07 AM in response to Imac 27 I5

Hi Imac 27 I5,

We understand you're experiencing issues with using your Magic Keyboard with Safari on your iPad Pro. For this, we'd recommend double checking your keyboard settings here: Adjust the onscreen and external keyboard settings on iPad

However, if the behavior continues, you'll want to get in touch with Apple Support next via Get Support.

All the best.

Sep 22, 2021 11:14 AM in response to MichelleT18

It’s not hardware.

In the external keyboard description the Space bar activate the selected items.

And in the Safari search zone it does just that. Making it impossible to type a proper search.

That Keyboard function should not be activated in that specific area.

Software bug, not hardware. Does the same on 2 different IPad pros with 2 different magic keyboards

Safari IPad OS15 safari/magic keyboard issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.