You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod will not play KQED

I updated all of my devices including HomePod to iOS 15.0.

I’ve listened to KQED (Bay Area NPR station) for years on the HomePod with the request:

“Hey Siri, play KQED”.

This has always worked.

Until today.

Now I get a Pandora(?) station called “Little Keyed Radio”

WTF?

”Hey Siri PLAY KQED SAN FRANCISCO” gets me San Francisco symphony opera.

It’s completely broken and utterly ridiculous that a station I’ve always played, that still appears as a favorite in Apple Music is now utterly beyond the HomePod’s grasp.

HomePod, 15

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 7:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 7:46 AM

Previously I'd have suggested "Hey Siri, play KQED provided by TuneIn", because Siri often uses "Playing X provided by TuneIn" when there is a successful response. When I try that now I get "I didn't find KQED provided on Apple Music", which isn't what we're after. Try variations on the theme. "Hey Siri, play KQED with TuneIn radio" worked just now. I get the response "Here's KQED FM provided by TuneIn", followed by the stream.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2021 7:46 AM in response to etaxif

Previously I'd have suggested "Hey Siri, play KQED provided by TuneIn", because Siri often uses "Playing X provided by TuneIn" when there is a successful response. When I try that now I get "I didn't find KQED provided on Apple Music", which isn't what we're after. Try variations on the theme. "Hey Siri, play KQED with TuneIn radio" worked just now. I get the response "Here's KQED FM provided by TuneIn", followed by the stream.

tt2

HomePod will not play KQED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.