You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found Malware on my Macbook Pro called dim.exe

I recently have noticed my computer is running much slower and that I found some weird programs running in the background. I also am receiving pop-ups every month that all of the accounts I have used on my Macbook have been compromised and I need to change the password immediately. That has happened a total of 6 times now since February. I did some research and it says that it is some type of malware, but the only program I could find to extract it was not compatible with Mac OS operating system. They recommended I use Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) with steps to help me clean my computer. I was wondering if anyone knew what else could help because I am a Youtuber as a career and I feel as if my privacy is being breached. Please, any help would be grateful!!

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 7:28 PM

AlwaysHacked247 Said:

"I found Malware on my Macbook Pro called dim.exe"

-------

Scan your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2021 7:28 PM in response to AlwaysHacked247

AlwaysHacked247 Said:

"I found Malware on my Macbook Pro called dim.exe"

-------

Scan your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

I found Malware on my Macbook Pro called dim.exe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.