You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, This is my new Mac and new Apple ID I try to install apps from App Store in Mac but I can't sign in only app store

Hello, This is my new Mac and new Apple ID I try to install apps from App Store in Mac but I can't sign in only app store

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 7:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 11:48 AM

If you created a new Apple ID, you do not have access to any apps you bought with the old Apple ID.

If this is a new Apple ID you will need to set up a new payment account to use it with iTunes and the App Store.

Open the Music app. Click iTunes Store. On the right side of the store click Account in the Quick Links. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the account and provide a payment method.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.5.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.6.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.7.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.7  HomePods, audioOS 14.7 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2021 11:48 AM in response to bushra253

If you created a new Apple ID, you do not have access to any apps you bought with the old Apple ID.

If this is a new Apple ID you will need to set up a new payment account to use it with iTunes and the App Store.

Open the Music app. Click iTunes Store. On the right side of the store click Account in the Quick Links. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the account and provide a payment method.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.5.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.6.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.7.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.7  HomePods, audioOS 14.7 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Nov 21, 2021 5:52 AM in response to Dah•veed

When I try to install something they ask to preview your account. when I fill the log in option after few minutes of loading that log in option come back again.... I have tried it many times the situation is same. I am texting from Pakistan and I tunes are not available in Pakistan. Kindly help me in solving this issue. I have recently bought my MacBook Air M. I am tired of filling it again and again. tell me what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.