You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBR restarts unnecesarily

I have MBP early 2013 retina 15 inches which runs Catalina OS. Mostly it restarts when in idle and sometimes restarts when am working with it.The message I get is=your computer restart because of a problem.What should I do to fix this nightmare? If I downgrade to Mojave will it fix the problem ?

thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 10:07 AM

rahim2014 wrote:

I have MBP early 2013 retina 15 inches which runs Catalina OS. Mostly it restarts when in idle and sometimes restarts when am working with it.The message I get is=your computer restart because of a problem.What should I do to fix this nightmare? If I downgrade to Mojave will it fix the problem ?
thanks

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

Known issue—Typically third party Anti-Virus does nothing but add issues and compete directly with Apple’s® own built in Security:

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200553

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2021 10:07 AM in response to rahim2014

rahim2014 wrote:

thanks

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

Known issue—Typically third party Anti-Virus does nothing but add issues and compete directly with Apple’s® own built in Security:

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200553

MBR restarts unnecesarily

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.