You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninstalling "open" applications

I want to uninstall an application - Google Drive.

I have tried both for Launch Pad & Finder. Neither method works and they claim the application is running and needs to be closed first. But I cannot find a way of doing this. "Google Drive" does not appear of the list of apps that I can "Force Quit".

So I am stuck

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 2:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 6:11 AM

Ged99ged wrote:

I have tried both for Launch Pad & Finder. Neither method works and they claim the application is running and needs to be closed first. But I cannot find a way of doing this. "Google Drive" does not appear of the list of apps that I can "Force Quit".

So I am stuck

You can force quit from the Activity Monitor.app if you are having an issue.

Activity Monitor User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

For your third party app— search Microsoft Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility

Can't uninstall GoogleDriveFS as states its running or still in

Microsoft Corporation/Customer service

1 (800) 642-7676

https://support.microsoft.com

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2021 6:11 AM in response to Ged99ged

Ged99ged wrote:

So I am stuck

You can force quit from the Activity Monitor.app if you are having an issue.

Activity Monitor User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

For your third party app— search Microsoft Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility

Can't uninstall GoogleDriveFS as states its running or still in

Microsoft Corporation/Customer service

1 (800) 642-7676

https://support.microsoft.com

Uninstalling "open" applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.