You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t log in after changing name / username on Macbook Air

Hello, I have a Macbook Air 2017 with Big Sur recently updated with it.

After the update, I decided to change my name and username, which I recklessly erased the /users/ part while doing so (maybe it’s irrelevant , but I still have a hunch that that’s where it went wrong), restarted it, and now it gets stuck when I try to log in. Yes, I am able to enter my password, but the loading bar just stops mid-way after entering it.

I would appreciate the help, please and thank you.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 5:53 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 26, 2021 11:48 AM in response to SHINIGAMIEYES

Greetings SHINIGAMIEYES,

We see that you made some changes to your Mac and are now unable to sign in. We're happy to offer some direction on the next steps to take.

Check out How to use safe mode on your Mac and see if you are able to sign in while started into safe mode. That article provides additional steps to take based up on the results of that test as well.

We hope this helps!

Can’t log in after changing name / username on Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.