You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer of information to new iPhone 📲 from old 📱 7

Is it wise to transfer old or irrelevant info etc from old iPhone 7 before syncing to new? Then I should clear all contents and settings? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 9:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 9:21 PM

Hey there! I am assuming you are referring to transferring data to a new iPhone. In my opinion I transfer all the data from my old phone to my new phone. I am unsure of what you mean by old or irrelevant in this matter, but usually I transfer everything over and then do a little "Housekeeping" with the new device.

Of course, you will want to erase the data from your old phone. You can do that through here

if you plan on selling the phone or giving it to someone, you will most likely need to remove something called an Activation lock. This is a nifty feature that prevents anyone from formatting your phone and trying to use it. I would refer to this article to remove that lock so the next user may use it :)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2021 9:21 PM in response to Kidkoolkell

Hey there! I am assuming you are referring to transferring data to a new iPhone. In my opinion I transfer all the data from my old phone to my new phone. I am unsure of what you mean by old or irrelevant in this matter, but usually I transfer everything over and then do a little "Housekeeping" with the new device.

Of course, you will want to erase the data from your old phone. You can do that through here

if you plan on selling the phone or giving it to someone, you will most likely need to remove something called an Activation lock. This is a nifty feature that prevents anyone from formatting your phone and trying to use it. I would refer to this article to remove that lock so the next user may use it :)

Transfer of information to new iPhone 📲 from old 📱 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.