You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will you be supporting Olympus OMD ME5 III raw on osx mojave

I am using Photos on both my 27" late 2015 imac running Mojave 10.14.6 and my iphone and 12" ipad pro running ios 14.8.

I have an Olympus OMD-ME5 III with up to date firmware.

I can see and edit RAW images when imported into Photos on my ipad but in Mojave Photos raw images are just a blank with an exclamation mark. . If Apple have got the correct update raw image handler for ipad (and iphone) why not for Mac OSX?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 2:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 6:02 AM

This RAW support list is for Big Sur and iOS 14: Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

And it lists the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III as supported, but with a footnote: "Excluding RAW images taken using High Res Shot"

As Yer_Man wrote - the RAW support for new cameras has only been delivered as a updates to the most recent system versions since OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2021 6:02 AM in response to Mike Gilchrist

This RAW support list is for Big Sur and iOS 14: Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

And it lists the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III as supported, but with a footnote: "Excluding RAW images taken using High Res Shot"

As Yer_Man wrote - the RAW support for new cameras has only been delivered as a updates to the most recent system versions since OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Sep 26, 2021 3:54 AM in response to Yer_Man

I had a feeling that was the problem.

Unfortunately I have software that will not run on Big Sur so I am not upgrading to it yet.

BUT....

Their current list of camera support (as of July 2021) shows that the Olympus OMD ME5 III is supported but not for RAW on ALL OSes so even Big Sur does not have the RAW support yet

I did think that, in the past, Apple have upgraded Photos with an update, even on slightly older OSes. So here is hoping that they do post an update for Photos on Mojave upward...

Sep 26, 2021 3:38 PM in response to léonie

Yes, the problem is, that most people who use RAW will be using the High Resolution shot so RAW provision without it, is sadly lacking.

Seeing that the Olympus OMD M-E5 III has been out for nearly two years now and Apple have not got around to doing a full RAW update (to include cameras released during though Catalina 2019 and now Big Sur), is a bit underwhelming...but it seems that they have updated the RAW on IOS 14.8 'Photos' as I can open the Olympus ME5III RAW files on my ipad and, yes they are the high resolution shots.

Oh well, I will do some rudimentary editing in IOS 14.8 and I will use an intermediary RAW file converter for the Mojave based 'Photos'.

Thanks for the input .

When will you be supporting Olympus OMD ME5 III raw on osx mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.