You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The app disappeared from my Sony tv, it is not available in the Google app store. What is going on?

Why is the apple tv+ app not available in the Google app store?

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 12:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 6:14 PM

The Apple TV app is available for select models TV, as listed. It wouldn’t be available for other models.

What is your model TV?

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

4 replies

Sep 27, 2021 9:11 AM in response to Wellington1769

From the list, it seems that 2018 models were the oldest supported. So I have no clue how you would have had the app on a 2017 model (except through an external streaming device). Even Sony’s own list doesn’t include 2017 models. Can I use the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ with my Android TV or Google TV? - Sony Support

The app disappeared from my Sony tv, it is not available in the Google app store. What is going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.