You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No notification sound since iOS 15

Ever since iOS 15 and upgrading to iPhone 13 pro max I no longer receive notification sounds when my phone is locked and the screen is dark. I also reset my settings and that fixed the problem for a while and not is doing the same thing again. Anyone else have a solution or is experiencing this issue too?

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 12:52 PM

3 replies

Sep 27, 2021 1:23 PM in response to Titan241

Hi there Titan24,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having some difficulties receiving notification sounds when your device is locked and we'd be happy to help assist the best we can. We'd first recommend making sure that Do Not Disturb or Focus is enabled on your device. These features can prevent you from receiving alerts and sounds for your notifications. The resources below will provide you with some more information on how to check for these features in your Settings app.

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps.

No notification sound since iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.