You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to check iphone X real or fake?

Dear all,

I have just bought iPhone X at the store in my local place. However, I'm not sure it is real or fake

I checked it by two steps as below:

1. Input my sim card to the new iPhone before activating, the sim card provider still is displayed on the screen of the new iPhone while the phone is not activated (I think that it should display "No sim card" or "invalid sim card" when the new iPhone is not activated). I continue to use another old iPhone call to new iPhone-> the message "User busy" is displayed on the old iPhone
  2. I access https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ and check Serial Number: The serial number and text "Please activate your device" is displayed

So, I feel confused at step 1 and I don't know the phone is real or not because Why I see a sim card provider when my new iPhone is not activated

Could you please help me answer this question?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 9:33 PM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2021 5:34 PM in response to thuanvo19

Hello thuanvo19,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that want to determine if the phone you purchased is real. We’re happy to help.

The SIM card you have should show the carrier the SIM card has been activated. Based on the message you received on the check coverage website, it sounds like the device has not been activated.

Using the website you provided will provide the warranty status of the phone.

If you need further assistance, please contact Apple Support here: Apple - Support - Product Selection

Take care.

How to check iphone X real or fake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.