You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to replicate driving mode from iOS 14 as focus mode in iOS 15

Hello,

I was using the "driving mode" (idk the exact name) in iOS 14 and I would like to have it in iOS 15 as well using the new focus modes.

The key functionality I am looking for is:

1. you turn it on from control center when the phone is locked/and you lock the phone afterwards
  2. no notifications/calls or anything can disturb you until you turn it off
  3. when you try to unlock the phone you are reminded to turn the focus mode off

I think it should be possible to do it with shortcuts somehow, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Thank you

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 5:01 AM

5 replies

Sep 28, 2021 1:05 PM in response to MrKew

MrKew,

Got it. Another thing you could do is have the Driving Focus turn off automatically after your iPhone disconnects from your car. You can enable this in Settings > Focus > Driving > Turn on automatically. That way you wouldn't need a reminder to advise to turn that off.

If you'd still like to look into using the Shortcuts app, the articles below might be helpful:

Take care!

Sep 30, 2021 5:24 AM in response to MrKew

MrKew,

Alright, thanks for clarifying. You could go into the Shortcuts app > Automation tab > tap the + in the upper right-hand corner > Create Personal Automation. There you could look and choose an option that would work best for you (besides when unlocking your iPhone as that isn't available in the list) and then try to add a reminder to work with that. It can vary depending on what you exactly what. We recommend going into the app and playing around with it to see if you're able to create a Personal Automation that you're happy with. If you're unable to find the exact right fit, then you won't be able to create a Shortcut for this.

Cheers.

Sep 28, 2021 7:16 AM in response to MrKew

Hey MrKew,

It appears you want to have a Driving Focus similar to Do Not Disturb while Driving. You can still enable different Focus types from the Control Center, which can be seen here: Turn a Focus on or off on iPhone - Apple Support

You can edit Focus details in Settings > Focus. If you haven't already, you may need to tap the plus sign in the upper right-hand corner and choose the Driving Focus, then edit that to your preferences. This article has more details: Set up Focus on iPhone - Apple Support

On the Lock Screen, you should see the Focus that is currently active and tapping that should allow you to turn that off, but if you still prefer a reminder to turn that off when unlocking your iPhone after driving, you could see if you can set up a shortcut to help with that in the Shortcuts app. This user guide can help with the Shortcuts app: Shortcuts User Guide - Apple Support

Best wishes.

How to replicate driving mode from iOS 14 as focus mode in iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.