You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you move all my notes to my MAC

i have so many notes I would like to move them to a folder on my MAC or PC.

Can this be done

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 11:46 AM

Marydee wrote:

All I want do is take my notes transfer them to a folder on my Mac

That is imposing a requirement of how you want to do something. Instead, it would be much better if you say what you want to do. I believe what you want to do is:

”All I want to do is take my notes onto my Mac.”

The way to do that is place your notes in iCloud. Then your Mac can view/edit/delete your notes, and your iPhone can view/edit/delete those very same notes. They will not be in a folder. They will be in the cloud.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2021 11:46 AM in response to Marydee

Marydee wrote:

All I want do is take my notes transfer them to a folder on my Mac

That is imposing a requirement of how you want to do something. Instead, it would be much better if you say what you want to do. I believe what you want to do is:

”All I want to do is take my notes onto my Mac.”

The way to do that is place your notes in iCloud. Then your Mac can view/edit/delete your notes, and your iPhone can view/edit/delete those very same notes. They will not be in a folder. They will be in the cloud.

Sep 27, 2021 11:38 AM in response to Marydee

If you’re asking me to respond, I have absolutely no idea what your post above means.

• I will try again.” Try what again?
    • An explanation?
    • Migrating notes Store iCloud?
    • Dealing with iCloud storage and its pricing?
  • ”The notes are on all the devices…” - I think you have them on each device independently.
  • ”… but I don’t want to pay for it as a back[]up.”
    • Housing notes in iCloud has nothing to do with any backup.
    • You pay for total iCloud storage if you exceed 5GB. The article I linked above explains how to manage that storage.

can you move all my notes to my MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.