You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmarks list on Safari

When I open Safari, my bookmarks (favorites) used to come up on the opening page, but I think a recent update changed things and now I only get list of Collected Links and I have to click on the bookmarks. What do I need to change to get the list to show when I open Safari?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 1:21 PM

Try this:

Safari -> View -> Show Bookmarks Sidebar.

Then Bookmarks icon wil show up.

5 replies

Sep 27, 2021 2:00 PM in response to Raicya

Thank you for your response but I think I didn't explain the problem properly. I know how to get the bookmarks to show up after I enter safari, but the bookmarks used to show up automatically when I logged in to safari. I didn't have to click on anything else to get it. I believe that somehow, in safari preferences, I should be able to change something and make this happen, but I tried everything variation and cannot get it to work as before.

Any other suggestions?

Bookmarks list on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.