You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Push Notification Service certificate expiring; what now?

So what am I supposed to do with this?

It means virtually nothing to me and when Googled, I only find complex suggestions.

So who is my vendor? How do I contact them? How do I get a new CSR? etc.

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 5:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 6:33 AM

This kind of looks like the MDM ( Mobile Digital Management ) service being used and installed on this computer is the Source of your issue.

This would be a Function of the Company IT Department to communicate with the company they have Enrolled this computer with.

Manage macOS updates with Mobile Device Management (MDM)

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2021 6:33 AM in response to The_Knowledge_Seeker

This kind of looks like the MDM ( Mobile Digital Management ) service being used and installed on this computer is the Source of your issue.

This would be a Function of the Company IT Department to communicate with the company they have Enrolled this computer with.

Manage macOS updates with Mobile Device Management (MDM)

Sep 28, 2021 7:31 AM in response to PRP_53

Any recent downloads from possible Untrusted Developer or Untrusted Web Site. ??

Nope.

The message in your original post - how is this appearing on the computer ??

Legit eMail from Apple. The link provided in that eMail went to https://identity.apple.com/pushcert.

Thinking, possible Malware or Adware some how got installed.

Nope; Malwarebytes reports no issues.

For peace of computer and mind >>

Suggest downloading from a Respected ASC Contributor the application Malwarebytes for Mac. It is free or paid for added features. Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

Already done.

Mind blown! "Revoking or allowing this certificate to expire will require existing devices to be re-enrolled with a new push certificate" worries me!

I have no idea what push notification this refers to, therefore I have no idea what to do next!

Sep 28, 2021 8:31 AM in response to The_Knowledge_Seeker

The_Knowledge_Seeker wrote:

So what am I supposed to do with this?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/9add7762-f249-474a-b430-14f4bc327f0c

It means virtually nothing to me and when Googled, I only find complex suggestions.

So who is my vendor? How do I contact them? How do I get a new CSR? etc.

I suspect you have to do nothing

https://support.apple.com/guide/server/push-notification-certificates-apde0e927ee/mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/server/renew-a-push-notification-certificate-apd2a6a09a7/mac

Contact Apple for help with Apple Push Notification service certificates

Sep 28, 2021 7:21 AM in response to The_Knowledge_Seeker

Ok - Self IT Depart - like myself too.

Any recent downloads from possible Untrusted Developer or Untrusted Web Site. ??

The message in your original post - how is this appearing on the computer ??

Thinking, possible Malware or Adware some how got installed.

For peace of computer and mind >>

Suggest downloading from a Respected ASC Contributor the application Malwarebytes for Mac. It is free or paid for added features. Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

Sep 28, 2021 7:37 AM in response to The_Knowledge_Seeker

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation

The next picture seems to indicate some Scan like AntiVirus Software who's Certificate is expiring

Apple Push Notification Service certificate expiring; what now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.