You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does installing Big Sur takes 2 hours and 19 minutes after factory reset?

Hey, so recently, I decided to factory reset. It was going well, until the installation of Big Sur. It said that it will take 2 hours and 19 minutes to finish, but I've already donwloaded it for about 6 hours or so. I tried to fix it by retarsting my macbook, but when I tried to install it again, it still said 2 hours and 19 minutes. Any ideas how to fix this?

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 10:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 4:06 AM

There are factors like poor Wifi connection, slow wifi connection, too many other people downloading at the same time and Apple Severs are overloaded.

If via wifi too many Other devices using the wifi at the same time reducing the Bandwidth to your computer. Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2021 4:06 AM in response to rapskuyy

There are factors like poor Wifi connection, slow wifi connection, too many other people downloading at the same time and Apple Severs are overloaded.

If via wifi too many Other devices using the wifi at the same time reducing the Bandwidth to your computer. Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

Why does installing Big Sur takes 2 hours and 19 minutes after factory reset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.