You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

burst mode

I'm using an iPhone 13 mini with iOS 15

1) Using the camera timer sometimes produces a 'burst' and sometimes a single photo. How do I switch bust on/off?

2) The iPhone user guide says "On iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and later, swipe the Shutter button to the left to take rapid-fire photos." This doesn't work for me - what am I doing wrong?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 1:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 3:02 PM

Mine does a burst every time I shoot a timer pic. It has nothing to do with movement, as my timer shots are always on a tripod... How does one turn off bursts while in timer mode? That is a simple question, Apple... We don't want 10 shots and we don't want to waste time deleting 9 of the 10 that were taken. If we had wanted a burst, we would have turned on burst. But where is that control???

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2021 3:02 PM in response to MazeMonster

Mine does a burst every time I shoot a timer pic. It has nothing to do with movement, as my timer shots are always on a tripod... How does one turn off bursts while in timer mode? That is a simple question, Apple... We don't want 10 shots and we don't want to waste time deleting 9 of the 10 that were taken. If we had wanted a burst, we would have turned on burst. But where is that control???

burst mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.