You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Pro is charging very slowly what could it be

Should I get a new charging cord or get a new battery my iPad Pro is charging very slowly

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 2:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 3:00 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) ALL the steps provided in this support article:--> If your iPad won't charge - Apple Support, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support , or make an appointment and have your device (along with your charger+cable) inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2021 3:00 AM in response to Bstepp11

If you already tried (to no avail) ALL the steps provided in this support article:--> If your iPad won't charge - Apple Support, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support , or make an appointment and have your device (along with your charger+cable) inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Sep 29, 2021 3:48 AM in response to Bstepp11

Are you describing a change in established behaviour? Has the Power Adapter been used before - and charging previously been as expected?

Be aware that most models of iPad require a Power Adapter rated at a minimum of 10-12W to reliably charge. Many iPhone Power Adapters are rated at only 5W, this being inadequate to charge an iPad. If using a 5W Power Adapter, if charging occurs at all, charging will be very slow.

Assuming that your Power Adapter is suitable from charging your iPad, these support pages should help with troubleshooting:

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Troubleshooting generally requires substitution of the Power Adapter and cable for another known-good item.

If you continue to experience difficulties, you might be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad, Power Adapter and cable(s):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

My iPad Pro is charging very slowly what could it be

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.