You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sonos Arc, Apple TV 4K and Dolby Atmos/Vision Setup

I have a 4K Apple TV and a Sonos Arc. Is it possible to output Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision? I don’t have either of those options visible in my Apple TV settings when I’m told that I should. My LG tv has only HDMI ARC and not eARC. Is that the issue?

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 5:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 7:44 PM

Not having eARC is an issue here, as Apple TV 4K outputs Dolby Atmos in high bandwidth Dolby MAT format, which isn’t supported over ARC connections. Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

As Sonos device are designed to connect directly to a TV set, there really isn’t an alternative with your current setup (unless Apple TV is used for all input signals).

Understanding Dolby Atmos and Sonos Arc - Sonos Community

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2021 7:44 PM in response to 80smusicman

Not having eARC is an issue here, as Apple TV 4K outputs Dolby Atmos in high bandwidth Dolby MAT format, which isn’t supported over ARC connections. Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

As Sonos device are designed to connect directly to a TV set, there really isn’t an alternative with your current setup (unless Apple TV is used for all input signals).

Understanding Dolby Atmos and Sonos Arc - Sonos Community

Sonos Arc, Apple TV 4K and Dolby Atmos/Vision Setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.