You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlink ipad

I want to unlink my iPad from my account. I want the iPad to be used by my kids with no link to me

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 6:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 6:23 AM

Perhaps the easiest and most effective method of “unlinking” your iPad from your account - and prepare the device for reuse - is to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This process will:

• sign-out from iCloud and other Apple services
  • disable the activation lock that prevents re-use
  • remove the device from your AppleID account
  • erase all data

The iPad will be returned to an initial setup state - from where you can set-up again as a new device with a new AppleID. You can setup Family Sharing and Parental Controls as needed.

You may find this information to be helpful with setting-up an AppleID for a minor - and considering appropriate controls:

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child – Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2021 6:23 AM in response to Shannon3917

Perhaps the easiest and most effective method of “unlinking” your iPad from your account - and prepare the device for reuse - is to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This process will:

• sign-out from iCloud and other Apple services
  • disable the activation lock that prevents re-use
  • remove the device from your AppleID account
  • erase all data

The iPad will be returned to an initial setup state - from where you can set-up again as a new device with a new AppleID. You can setup Family Sharing and Parental Controls as needed.

You may find this information to be helpful with setting-up an AppleID for a minor - and considering appropriate controls:

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child – Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Unlink ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.