You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i retrieve data from my disabled iphone?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 10:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 10:47 AM

Since the iPhone has been disabled, you cannot get into it. Since you will not be able to get into it to access the data, you cannot retrieve the data in that state of the iPhone. At this point, retrieval of the data on your iPhone is completely dependent upon a backup file created before the iPhone was disabled. If you have a backup created on iCloud and/or on your computer then ➔ you can restore from it after ➔ the disabled iPhone's passcode has been reset. The passcode resetting process deletes all data on the iPhone.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2021 10:47 AM in response to Volcom1988

Since the iPhone has been disabled, you cannot get into it. Since you will not be able to get into it to access the data, you cannot retrieve the data in that state of the iPhone. At this point, retrieval of the data on your iPhone is completely dependent upon a backup file created before the iPhone was disabled. If you have a backup created on iCloud and/or on your computer then ➔ you can restore from it after ➔ the disabled iPhone's passcode has been reset. The passcode resetting process deletes all data on the iPhone.

Axel F.

Sep 30, 2021 10:51 AM in response to Volcom1988

What you asking for is data recovery. That isn't something we can help with. There are no tools to do data recovery from an iOS Device that is disabled or no longer functioning.

That been said, when your are signed into iCloud, the device does make backup to iCloud of your data automatically, when the device is connected to power and on Wi-Fi.

So, unless you have deliberately decided to disable this feature before your iPhone got disabled, you should have access to most of your data. All you need to do is restore disabled iPhone, then during the setup process sign to your iCloud account and migrate data from iCloud backup.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.