You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the setting on iMovie to produce the final video to an MP4 format?

I am having problems with the finished product of iMovie on my mac desktop. it comes out in a mov. format or QuickTime movie. Using iMovie on my MacBook pro, the same video comes out as a mp4 format orMPEG-4 movie.

The problem is I run the finished product through my Movavi Video suite 16 program on another computer ( an HP) to make a separate audio file and video file which I then upload to 4 different on line sites. I cannot use the mov. format with Movavi.

Is there a way to change the setting on iMovie to produce the final video to an mp4 format?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 6:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 9:42 AM

You are getting a .mov format export because you have selected the Best Quality (pro res) setting from the export box.

All other settings will result in an Mp4/AAC export.

-- Rich

Similar questions

4 replies

How to change the setting on iMovie to produce the final video to an MP4 format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.