You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 ios 15.0.1 update video streaming problem

When i updated my iphone 7 to ios 15, i got a problem when i watch a video in my browser. It displays only black screen with audio. Any feedback or solutions please?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 2:04 PM

Hello all,

During some internal testing at my company, we discovered this is currently a bug within iOS 15 itself, and affects HTML5 video in the Safari browser. It was discovered during one of the betas and (according to some users) fixed during a later subsequent beta. For some reason it seems to have made it into the release version. I did some digging and it should be fixed in the latest versions of Webkit (which Safari uses as it's browser engine).

As a temporary fix you can do the following -

Open Settings App > Safari > Advanced > Experimental Features

Turn off:

- "GPU Process: Media"

- "GPU Process: Video Capture"

- "GPU Process: WebGL"

Hope this helps. I've tested it on my own iPhone and iPad and can confirm it does solve the issue.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2021 2:04 PM in response to 13on9

Hello all,

During some internal testing at my company, we discovered this is currently a bug within iOS 15 itself, and affects HTML5 video in the Safari browser. It was discovered during one of the betas and (according to some users) fixed during a later subsequent beta. For some reason it seems to have made it into the release version. I did some digging and it should be fixed in the latest versions of Webkit (which Safari uses as it's browser engine).

As a temporary fix you can do the following -

Open Settings App > Safari > Advanced > Experimental Features

Turn off:

- "GPU Process: Media"

- "GPU Process: Video Capture"

- "GPU Process: WebGL"

Hope this helps. I've tested it on my own iPhone and iPad and can confirm it does solve the issue.

Iphone 7 ios 15.0.1 update video streaming problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.