You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t clear history on safari

I can’t clear my history on my MacBook Pro. “Clear history” is always grayed out when I try to click on it. I do have screen time turned on with allowed websites only, so I turned off screen time entirely, and I still have “clear history” grayed out. How can I clear my history? I don’t like having a months worth of it sitting there. I can’t clear history on my phone either no matter what I do, but if I can clear it on my MacBook it should clear it on my iPhone.

I’d really love some help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 9:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 8:21 AM

If you have disabled all of screen time and if this is not a managed or provisioned Mac, then I don’t know what’s happening here.

See if a Safe Mode reboot clears this, boot into Recovery and try a repair there, and see if a different and newly-created login has the same issues with its Safari history.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2021 8:21 AM in response to JaySmashesPumpkins

If you have disabled all of screen time and if this is not a managed or provisioned Mac, then I don’t know what’s happening here.

See if a Safe Mode reboot clears this, boot into Recovery and try a repair there, and see if a different and newly-created login has the same issues with its Safari history.

Can’t clear history on safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.