You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to connect old phone to new iCloud

I want to unlock my old phone with my new iCloud

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 4:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 4:44 PM

Did you change the email address for your Apple ID to your email address, or did you create a brand new Apple ID with the new email address? If that’s what you did, rather than just changing the email address for your Apple ID there is no solution except to remember the password.

If you just changed the email address for your existing Apple ID you can just enter the new Apple ID to remove activation lock.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2021 4:44 PM in response to makala113

Did you change the email address for your Apple ID to your email address, or did you create a brand new Apple ID with the new email address? If that’s what you did, rather than just changing the email address for your Apple ID there is no solution except to remember the password.

If you just changed the email address for your existing Apple ID you can just enter the new Apple ID to remove activation lock.

I want to connect old phone to new iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.