You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi my "manage" buton is missing form the Storage pane of About This Mac. What do i do?

My mac is out of storage. When i go to Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac and then click Storage the Storage pane appears, however there is no Manage button as on the example provided on the apple support page.

How do i manage my storage ?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 10:13 AM

First thing I'd try is a restart. If that fails restart in safe mode and let it sit for 10-15 minutes then do a regular restart. If it's still not there you may need to reset or reinstall the OS. But if you know the disk is full (you need to have about 20% unused at all times) you're going to have to free up space and that always involves deleting data one way or another off the hard drive. Preferably you delete only after copying it to an external drive.

The "Manage" button allows for ways to use iCloud to store and sync data. iCloud is not designed to be a backup strategy however.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2021 10:13 AM in response to dob_g

First thing I'd try is a restart. If that fails restart in safe mode and let it sit for 10-15 minutes then do a regular restart. If it's still not there you may need to reset or reinstall the OS. But if you know the disk is full (you need to have about 20% unused at all times) you're going to have to free up space and that always involves deleting data one way or another off the hard drive. Preferably you delete only after copying it to an external drive.

The "Manage" button allows for ways to use iCloud to store and sync data. iCloud is not designed to be a backup strategy however.

Hi my "manage" buton is missing form the Storage pane of About This Mac. What do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.