You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does family member have to be on your account to share your icloud

My daughter's iPhone is on my shared iCloud+, but her storage will not update. Does she need to be on my account to do this?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 11:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 11:50 AM

No. She should use her own Apple ID. Sharing an Apple ID is almost always something that results in problems.

To share an iCloud storage plan, she needs to be in your Family Sharing group. See the instructions in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Then you need to do the steps in the "Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family" section of that support document and she needs to do the "Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan" section.

If you both have already done that, you may want to use the "Get Support" link at the top right of this page.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2021 11:50 AM in response to fsujen97

No. She should use her own Apple ID. Sharing an Apple ID is almost always something that results in problems.

To share an iCloud storage plan, she needs to be in your Family Sharing group. See the instructions in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Then you need to do the steps in the "Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family" section of that support document and she needs to do the "Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan" section.

If you both have already done that, you may want to use the "Get Support" link at the top right of this page.

does family member have to be on your account to share your icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.