You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't open Safari after the update

It shows an error (I screenshots below) and I don't understand what's wrong. How can I solve this problem?

MacBook Air 13″, 11.6

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 12:45 PM

11 replies

Oct 6, 2021 7:08 AM in response to Andrea Bell

First you need to export the bookmarks and password from Safari. This article will show you how, in the sections "Export a bookmarks file" and "Export a passwords file": Import bookmarks and passwords from other browsers in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

In Firefox, you can import the files created above:

Oct 4, 2021 2:26 PM in response to 6x6

..6x6:

Another link to 'Mozilla Firefox for the Mac' has access to additional ideas:

• How to download and install Firefox on Mac | Firefox Help

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-download-and-install-firefox-mac

Glad to see these alternative ideas still work. Another idea was to get/use

Brave browser. Most/all underlying parts use some WebKit for Mac/Safari.

Good luck & happy trails!🌞

Oct 6, 2021 7:44 AM in response to Andrea Bell

Sorry, I forgot that Safari does not open at all on your Mac. I'm afraid that there are no solutions until Apple releases a Safari update. In the meantime, you can still view your passwords in Keychain. When it comes to your bookmarks, there is no easy way: the only solution is to open the ~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist file with a plist file editor, and even this is not very convenient.

I can't open Safari after the update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.