You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I share my iCloud storage?

The icloud storage on our computer is full even though I used Family Share between my two phones. Can I share with my iCloud storage with our computer so it's storage isn't full? I don't use Mac computers.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 2:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 2:20 PM

iCloud storage is not on a device. Its on an Apple server and can be accessed by any device logged in to the Apple ID that has the storage.

If your computer is using the same Apple ID as the iPhones it should be able to access the iCloud Storage directly.

If your computer is using a different Apple ID than the iPhones, then you can use Family Sharing to share the iCloud storage.

Link-> Share iCloud storage with your family - Apple Support

If what is full, is the local storage on the computer, then then only way to make space is to move stuff off of the internal drive and onto an external drive.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2021 2:20 PM in response to TheHedgesFamily

iCloud storage is not on a device. Its on an Apple server and can be accessed by any device logged in to the Apple ID that has the storage.

If your computer is using the same Apple ID as the iPhones it should be able to access the iCloud Storage directly.

If your computer is using a different Apple ID than the iPhones, then you can use Family Sharing to share the iCloud storage.

Link-> Share iCloud storage with your family - Apple Support

If what is full, is the local storage on the computer, then then only way to make space is to move stuff off of the internal drive and onto an external drive.

Can I share my iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.