You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

when I first got my iCloud for my phone I lived in the uk. I am now living in Ireland and I can not buy any more storage to back up my phone with my Irish card. I am unable to change country of residence as I have 21p left on my account. Please can you help me

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 2:03 PM

Shazmf Said:

"iCloud: when I first got my iCloud for my phone I lived in the uk. I am now living in Ireland and I can not buy any more storage to back up my phone with my Irish card. I am unable to change country of residence as I have 21p left on my account. Please can you help me"

-------

Location Restrictions:

To change locations, you need to zero-out your balance. Services are only usable in the country/region in which they were purchased. So, if you need to recover something of vital importance, then you'd have to travel back to the UK. Why the restrictions? It all has to do with licensing.

To Zero Out the Balance:

Purchase something that is more than what is in your account. Or, contact an Apple Rep over-the-phone, requesting assistance. So, either go back to the UK to recover these, or let it be. Once all is zeroed-out, then change your location to Ireland.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2021 2:03 PM in response to Shazmf

Shazmf Said:

"iCloud: when I first got my iCloud for my phone I lived in the uk. I am now living in Ireland and I can not buy any more storage to back up my phone with my Irish card. I am unable to change country of residence as I have 21p left on my account. Please can you help me"

-------

Location Restrictions:

To change locations, you need to zero-out your balance. Services are only usable in the country/region in which they were purchased. So, if you need to recover something of vital importance, then you'd have to travel back to the UK. Why the restrictions? It all has to do with licensing.

To Zero Out the Balance:

Purchase something that is more than what is in your account. Or, contact an Apple Rep over-the-phone, requesting assistance. So, either go back to the UK to recover these, or let it be. Once all is zeroed-out, then change your location to Ireland.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.