You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firestick video unavailable

Can’t watch anything on the app today. Keep getting video unavailable error message. Tried restarting firestick, relog appletv, reset router.

please advise

FireTVStick4K(2018)/Soundbar(2019),

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 9:03 PM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2021 3:16 PM in response to albanyfx

Greetings, albanyfx.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It’s understandable that you’d want to resolve the issue with Apple TV not streaming to your Firestick.

You mentioned completing some troubleshooting and we noticed that you’re reaching out from: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app

Were you able to complete the steps in that resource? If so, are you able to test the Apple TV app on any other device?

We hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community.

Sincerely.

Oct 30, 2021 9:38 PM in response to albanyfx

I was having the same issue using the Apple TV app on my LG TV. Some episodes would play, others would say Video Not Available and to check my internet connection. This happened for different shows. It wasn’t until I started seeing problems updating my software on Apple devices that I dug deeper and found a solution that has worked for me!

I went into my routers (I have eero) settings and changed the DNS servers to Custom, overriding the default settings. Delete/replace current DNS IP(v4) addresses to 1.1.1.1 (primary) and 1.0.0.1 (secondary). These are Cloudflare servers. The problem immediately resolved after my router restarted.

You can do this to your router that way every device connected to wifi will default to these settings, or, you can go into your wifi settings in every device (usually under ”advanced” settings) and change the DNS manually for each device. Hope this helps! Definitely helped me!

Firestick video unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.