You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Safari: How do I put a bookmark or folder at the same level as Favorites?

To get to the bookmark I need now, I need to do three steps: 1) tap the sidebar icon, 2) tap Bookmarks, 3) tap Favorites. In Favorites are all my bookmarks, which makes “Favorites” meaningless. When I tap Bookmarks, I want my bookmarks. Can anyone tell me how to get folders and bookmarks to the Bookmarks level? In fact, if I could get rid of the extraneous “Favorites” folder altogether, I’d love to. Even more ideally, I’d like to see all my bookmarks when I tap the sidebar, even if the other things like History, etc., appear above them.

I’ve just upgraded to iOS 15, but this was a problem in 14 as well.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 8:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 8:49 AM

I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly and ask them. Use this link:--> Get Support

or, if you'd like, you can submit your comment/request/suggestion to Apple using this link:--> Feedback - Safari - Apple

Thanks and regards

Giulio

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 8, 2021 9:09 AM in response to Rob Ehle

I’m hoping that the developers realize that they made the bookmarks too hard to access. What used to be 1 step to open or close bookmarks is now 2 steps to access and 2 steps to close. Not the end of the world, but not as convenient as before. Overall, I do like the new Safari. Bookmark access is really my only (minor) complaint.

Oct 9, 2021 8:42 AM in response to Rob Ehle

This complaint isn’t minor for me. I have a number of bookmarks in one topic I’m trying to go back and forth among all the time. There are other bookmarks under different headings. So to get to those bookmarks I have to drill down—which I should only have to do once. But if I close the Bookmarks window* in order to have the completed browser window for the page I’m viewing, I must first back up all the way through three taps and then, to find another bookmark in the subtopic, I have to do the same thing. It’s ridiculous.

*(I guess this is actually a combination window for reading list, favorites and a couple of other things, so I really don’t know what to call it now)

iOS Safari: How do I put a bookmark or folder at the same level as Favorites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.