You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I move documents from a LaCie hard drive used with an older MacBook Air operating system onto a new MacBook Air

I have documents on a LaCie hard drive that I used with an old MacBook Air with the High Sierra operating system. Can I move documents on that hard drive onto a new MacBook Air and how do I do that.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 8:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 9:08 AM

By "documents" are you referring to user-created files? If so, yes, you should be able to move them to your new notebook.

To do so, you have a number of options. One of those is to connect the LaCie drive to your new notebook. You may need a USB A-to-USB C adapter for this. It will depend on what port(s) your drive has. Once connected, you should be able to use the Finder app to copy files over.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2021 9:08 AM in response to luriet

By "documents" are you referring to user-created files? If so, yes, you should be able to move them to your new notebook.

To do so, you have a number of options. One of those is to connect the LaCie drive to your new notebook. You may need a USB A-to-USB C adapter for this. It will depend on what port(s) your drive has. Once connected, you should be able to use the Finder app to copy files over.

how do I move documents from a LaCie hard drive used with an older MacBook Air operating system onto a new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.