You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t turn my iPad Pro off!

I hit the sleep button and the volume at the same time but will not turn off. How the heck do I turn it off now?

Thank you!

TerryA

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 5:34 PM

Rcfangirl Said:

"I can’t turn my iPad Pro off! I hit the sleep button and the volume at the same time but will not turn off. How the heck do I turn it off now? Thank you! TerryA"

-------

Troubleshooting This:

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2021 5:34 PM in response to Rcfangirl

Rcfangirl Said:

"I can’t turn my iPad Pro off! I hit the sleep button and the volume at the same time but will not turn off. How the heck do I turn it off now? Thank you! TerryA"

-------

Troubleshooting This:

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Oct 8, 2021 5:16 PM in response to Rcfangirl

Turn iPad off or on (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

• Turn off iPad: Simultaneously press and hold the top button and either volume button, then drag the slider.
  • Turn on iPad: Press and hold the top button until the Apple logo appears.

Turn iPad off or on (models with the Home button)

• Turn off iPad: Press and hold the top button, then drag the slider.
  • Turn on iPad: Press and hold the top button until the Apple logo appears.

Oct 9, 2021 11:47 AM in response to ckuan

I’m supposing it is froze !? I’ve tried to do a hard turn off and it won’t budge. Has Facebook white page on it where I had tried to get on. I can swipe the screen and see messenger replies but I can’t open it to write back. It’s as if the Facebook page is blocking all else. I wonder if the button could need replacing?

I can’t turn my iPad Pro off!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.