You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why will safari no longer open certain websites?

Why will safari no longer open certain websites? The following message appears" This webpage reloaded because a problem occurred.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 11:13 AM

8 replies

Oct 10, 2021 1:48 PM in response to kipling145

Hello Kipling145,

It sounds like your Safari isn't opening up webpages as expected. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

This article may be able to provide some guidance: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a web page or isn’t working as expected

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? When did you first notice this issue? Which macOS version are you currently using? Also, which websites are you having issues with?

Cheers!

Oct 11, 2021 10:05 AM in response to kipling145

Kipling145,

Thank you for those details. Next, let's test in a new user account. This article should help: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

This will let us know if the issue is specific to your user account or systemwide.

Let's also test in safe mode using this page: Start up your Mac in safe mode

This will let us know if you have any software installed that may be causing this issue.

Let us know the results.

Take Care!

Oct 11, 2021 12:43 PM in response to kipling145

Kpling145,

Thank you for trying those steps. Since the issue persists in safe mode, this article should help: How to use safe mode on your Mac

If the issue continues while in safe mode, or your Mac restarts several times and then shuts down while starting up in safe mode, you should reinstall macOS and make sure that your Apple software and third-party apps are up to date.

Since it also happens in a new user account, this means it is a systemwide issue. 

Hopefully this helps. 

Good Luck! 

Oct 11, 2021 6:45 AM in response to bailier

I tried bailer's suggestions; still have the problem. I noticed this issue a week or so ago. I am currently using Catalina 10.15.7. When I attempt to open a web page, it opens briefly then shuts off. A message appears: "this webpage was reloaded because there is a problem with the website". When I press command/R, the same thing occurs. This does not occur on all websites. It occurs on commercial websites such as Home Depot, Lowe's, Panera Bread etc. It does not happen when I click on my Raymond James account. I can access these websites using Safari on my iPad and iPhone using the same network. The problem only occurs on my Mac.

why will safari no longer open certain websites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.