You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my old contacts off my old phone onto my new phone when I can’t turn on old phone

How do I get my contacts from old phone to new phone

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 12:09 PM

If your contacts are stored in iCloud, then the contacts are available to all devices.

If the device was backed up to a local Mac or Windows system, or to iCloud, restore the backup to the new device.

If there were contacts or other data stored locally on a now-failed device, and without available backups, there are no good options.

A repair might be possible while preserving the data, depending on details of the failure.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2021 12:09 PM in response to Oldnumbers

If your contacts are stored in iCloud, then the contacts are available to all devices.

If the device was backed up to a local Mac or Windows system, or to iCloud, restore the backup to the new device.

If there were contacts or other data stored locally on a now-failed device, and without available backups, there are no good options.

A repair might be possible while preserving the data, depending on details of the failure.

How do I get my old contacts off my old phone onto my new phone when I can’t turn on old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.